I just bought a Nintendo DS (yes, it's pink, don't judge me) and the Kanji Reading Rom that will function as my electronic dictionary, woo! Unfortunately, it seems half the words I'll be looking up with all be from the user's manual which is in Japanese. Win! Still, it's pretty handy and given enough practice I'm sure I'll get used to using it despite my rather insubstantial knowledge of Japanese. I do need to start preparing for that placement exam...
Anyway, OMD, I leave for Japan in 22 DAYS! It isn't actually as bad being back home as I thought it would be, granted I've only been at home for about 2 of the 6 days that I've been in Texas. Is it sad that my first weekend home, and I already took off to visit one of my best friends from Yale who lives nearby? In any case, I can understand why David's so fat now, seeing as how great of a cook his mom is =). For the record, he's not actually fat, it's just this joke that has been circulating amongst our mutual friends since freshmen year...although I may or may not have been the instigator of that.
There's a lot of things I need to do before Japan which should keep me occupied for 22 days anyway. I do miss Yale, and getting a bajillion emails from the YPMB Oh-Lev, YPMB-Discuss, and ViSA panlists doesn't help, but I'm actually enjoying relaxing at home and seeing high school friends (plus David), so I'm alright =). Next year I'll have to stay for Deadweek though, seeing as it'll be my last year to do so before I graduate, not to mention how a number of my closest band friends are all in Oh-Ten. Saaad. It's really scary to think about how I'm halfway done with college too, wow. Anyway, things to do before Japan:
-Download Skype on Dad's computer
-Back up Computer Files on Pantheon
-Figure out how to use this Electronic Dictionary
-Buy gifts for host family (HIF hasn't sent us our assignments yet)
-Rent a cell phone/Call AT&T
-Call the bank and change my PIN number/let them know I'll be traveling
-Install the webcam on my laptop
-Maybe cut my hair (still undecided)
Also, I did tell myself I would attempt to study Greek and catch up on my Hansen & Quinn. That's totally not happening right now =(

Your blog entries are so funny. I am so happy that you talked about David being fat. When you get Skype, friend me! :D
ReplyDeletegood luck in Japan!!!!!!
ReplyDeletehow and why do you back up files on pantheon?
ReplyDeletehttp://www.yale.edu/its/stc/faq/FAQPantheonMount.html
ReplyDeletehttp://www.yale.edu/its/stc/faq/FAQAccessVPN.html
Mount Pantheon and then do the VPN thing =)
And it's so when you borrow my computer and download porn and it breaks, I'll have all my files intact somewhere else :) Love you! Miss you like crazy, babe. Call me if you need help!