Friday, June 26, 2009

Judo!

I'm exhausted, but I don't want to have to double post when I get back from the Onuma "quasi national" Park trip this weekend and hopefully have tons of pictures and stories to share--ahh, I can't wait! I'm dying to use one of those rent-a-boats, and I fully intend to sing I'm On a Boat at the top of my lungs all the while. Brian also fully intends to have a sake party, although I don't (Edit: what a place to have a typo, I forgot the "don't" here) plan on drinking any of it (not a big fan of sake) but I'm very much looking forward to seeing a drunk Brian. He spent all morning teasing me about not having played pokemon before, i.e., my apparent lack of a childhood. Sad. Oh, and btdubs, I feel the need to add the disclaimer: drinking age in Japan is 20.

Anyway, other news (but it's going to be brief because I can barely keep my eyes open). HIF shows two movies everyday after school for a week, with a new movie the following week. Chien-Wei talked me into watching "Magic Hour" today and it was AMAZING. The wikipedia plot description kind of fails, but seriously, it was hilarious and definitely kept me from getting any homework done because I was too busy watching the movie. The English subtitles were really good, so my failure at Japanese wasn't a problem either.



Afterwards, I had my judo trial at Chubu High School. I was mostly fine as far as fitness goes, but I was way too hesitant about throwing the smiling, polite, non-English speaking small Japanese high school girl who was unfortunate enough to be my partner (trainer?), so that was kind of a fail. To be honest, I probably flipped her harder (or more awkwardly and painfully) than I had to because I was so hesitant about it---that and my lack of any coordination. Seriously, swing dancing is hard enough, but judo? Faaail.
My only other fellow female HIF judo-goer today: Mikia from Princeton!

I decided to walk home instead of waiting for Mina to pick me up although she had offered, and it was actually kind of nice. Guess the 20 minute walk to and from school plus all these other side trips keeps me in shape, given the amount of food my okaasan piles onto my plate. Speaking of which, after I got home about 20 minutes later (I can't believe my sense of direction in Japan is better than mine in America, because I totally knew the way just fine), we all went to a ramen place, followed by a soft-serve mocha and vanilla mix ice cream cone---OM NOM NOM.

But for now---to bed.

1 comment:

  1. "I'm exhausted, but I don't want to have to double post..."

    Your blogging dedication has been noted! Seriously, Judo looked like it was a blast.

    ReplyDelete